Time Is.

        Hi. You don`t know me and i most certainly don`t know you. Yet I am hoping we can have a conversation. Whether what you are reading is some sort of cathartic experience, a way for a lonely person to reach out to others or just someone that needs to mindlessly rant about God knows what, is something I, myself, have yet to discover. And I hope you will be here to discover it with me.
       
       
        Not too long ago someone told me that Time Is. He didn`t add anything else, like most people tend to. If only i had a penny each time i heard time is precious, time is money and so on and forth. But this person looked at me, smiling, and said nothing but Time Is. And somehow, through a sentence as simple as that, he reached me. It felt right.
        I, like many others, experience a sort of pressure of having to accomplish something great during my lifetime. And you might have noticed that a sense of pressure and anxiety comes with it. Often the thought that ``There is not enough time`` pops in my mind. And i get even more stressed, time passes by even faster, and less and less things get done. Productivity plummets as well as my sense of  psychological well being. But then i heard these two words and the tornado i created for myself just stopped.
        I don`t think I am the only one experiencing something like this. Around me i see so many people running, studying, working, constant movement, fueled by the fear of running out of time before they get to accomplish something. As if anyone were to stand next to you with a timer saying unless you buy this car or get this done in exactly this amount of time you fail. And once they reach the goal and the deadline they don`t stop, they don`t enjoy their success. They keep running, scared of another one. I don`t know about you, but that sounds like quite the strain for your heart and body overall. And before they know it they reach the end of the road, and look back, unable to remember anything because they passed everything by so fast.
          Imagine, for a second, that you are going on a roadtrip. You have your final destination in mind, but are not 100% sure of how the road is going to be. You set off. You just focus on one thing, getting there as fast as possible, so you speed up. You take the highway instead of the country road that passes by a river with wildlife and whatnot. You go too fast to take in the way the different colours of the trees mix together and how beautiful it all is. And you reach there, happy it took you so little. And a while later, another family arrives and starts telling you about all these landscapes and adventures they had, how they stopped to help someone with  a flat tire and ended up befriending them and spending a night at their place, eating traditional food and singing songs. They tell you about a person renting boats by a river and how they had a picnic there. What do you feel then?
           Being fast paced is not a bad thing. Far from it. I know each person is different and we all have a different set of values and so on and forth. But what i am trying to say is that time is not something we should use to reach our goals. Actions are. I don`t believe it matters if you buy a car or a flat or if you manage to become president by a certain age. I think that in the end it matters that you did it. And if you get stranded or decide to go smell the flowers for a while, i believe that it`s okay, as long as in the end you find your path again.
            In my view, time is subjective. Time is relative. The way i experience time is highly different from the way you experience it. I can blink and a year would have passed and you can write 2 books, help some kids in Africa and discover the cure for cancer and it wouldn`t have taken you longer than a day ( i know, i am exaggerating, but you get the main idea). Based on what we do and how we feel towards our action one hour can be perceived so differently. But despite all that, this is all there is to it. It`s not precious, it`s not money, it`s not running past us. What is precious are the memories that we create, the feelings and experiences that we have. Money is represented by our work and us investing a part of us to get said currency. And nothing is running away from us. We are the ones that do the running.
            Time just is.
             What do you think?

Comentarii